An eye catching hunter breastplate, lovingly crafted from the very finest Italian leather.
Sumptuously supple and highly durable, perfect for everyday schooling, long days out hacking or even competitions. This breastplate attaches to the D-rings on your saddle and to the girth. It is easily fitted and adjustable at the shoulder, girth and D-rings so that you can fully optimise the fit to suit your horse’s individual needs.
A padded chest protector distributes pressure over the horse’s front, increasing comfort. Attached to this with a secure buckle fastening are adjustable running martingale straps, meaning this breastplate can also be used to help keep your horses head at a controllable height. A beautifully designed breastplate suitable for riders of all levels.
Why use horse breastplates?
Breastplates are commonly used to help keep your saddle in the correct place and prevent it from slipping back. They distribute pressure evenly over the withers and chest causing minimal discomfort for your horse. This breastplate has a removable running martingale attachment which can be threaded through the reins and used to help prevent your horse from raising its head too much.
- Italian leather hunter breastplate with running martingale attachment (removable)
- Attaches to girth (with or without clip) and D-rings
- Adjustable using buckles at shoulder, girth and D-rings
- Luxury padded wither piece
- Luxury padded chest protector
- High quality contrast stitching
- Stainless steel buckles, clips and fixtures
To maximise the life span of your breastplate and to help prevent staining, we highly recommend a leather care routine after each use.
1. Use lukewarm water on a damp cloth or soft sponge to gently remove dust, dirt and grease from the surface. Be sure to concentrate on areas around the buckles and key points of contact with your horse.
2. We recommend conditioning the leather using a soap/cream sparingly, taking great care to rub gently and in a circular motion until all of the product has been absorbed.
3. Using a clean cloth, wipe away excess soap/cream from the surface.
4. Leave the leather to dry naturally in a well ventilated area, away from direct heat sources.