A sumptuously soft standing martingale crafted from genuine Italian leather for increased durability and suppleness.
Easily fitted and adjusted using buckles at both the shoulder and girth. A looped ending on the single neck strap allows this martingale to be fixed to the horse’s noseband (cavesson only). Finished with premium quality stainless steel fixtures, the Gressan is a perfect choice for flatwork or flatwork training.
Why use a standing martingale?
Standing martingales are used to prevent a horse from raising its head significantly. As the horse tries to raise its head, the single strap attached to the noseband prevents it from doing so. Standing martingales are very restrictive and should only be used by riders with a good understanding of their horse’s way of going. Should not be used when jumping.
- Italian leather standing martingale
- Adjustable at shoulder and girth
- Looped neck strap for cavesson noseband to pass through
- High quality stitching
- Stainless steel buckles and fixtures
To maximise the life span of your martingale and to help prevent staining, we highly recommend a leather care routine after each use.
1. Use lukewarm water on a damp cloth or soft sponge to gently remove dust, dirt and grease from the surface. Be sure to concentrate on areas around the buckles and key points of contact with your horse.
2. We recommend conditioning the leather using a soap/cream sparingly, taking great care to rub gently and in a circular motion until all of the product has been absorbed.
3. Using a clean cloth, wipe away excess soap/cream from the surface.
4. Leave the leather to dry naturally in a well ventilated area, away from direct heat sources.